Our DBS umbrella body service
PPS are registered with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as a DBS umbrella body, which means we are able to administer DBS checks (previously known as CRB checks) on behalf of other organisations who require these checks to be completed. This could be for employees, students, members or volunteers, who meet the eligibility criteria.
We act as the primary point of contact for:
- Checking disclosure applications, and validating information provided by the applicant;
- Establishing and checking the identity of the applicant;
- Countersigning applications;
- Submitting applications to the DBS;
We also offer a personalised support service with access to our trained officers in person, by phone or by email, during normal office hours.
Benefits of electronic DBS checks
All checks are processed electronically via the DBS processing system eBulk; we host and maintain this system, meaning you do not have to worry about backups, legislation changes, hardware costs or data security.
We will request that you supply to us a small amount of your organisational information for validation. When we have received this information, your organisation will be provided with access to the eBulk system, via a personalised dashboard. This will enable:
- Granting access for any new DBS applicants, allowing them to complete their application online;
- Completion of a simple application form – this is automatically validated in order to remove any applicant input errors;
- Reduced completion times giving a faster recruitment process;
- Reduced postal costs as everything is online;
- Online tracking of all applications;
- Storage of, and access to, historical records of all DBS checks;
- Instant delivery of the check to the applicant once finished by the DBS.
What do we need you to do?
In order for PPS to provide our DBS umbrella body services to you, we need to ensure that you comply fully with the DBS Code of Practice, and have written policies for the recruitment of ex-offenders, as well as for correct handling and safe keeping of Disclosure information. We also need you to have nominated a contact, who is able to receive the Disclosure information, and is able to discuss it.
If you can satisfy these requirements and decide that you want to use our service, please contact us and we will make the necessary arrangements to grant you access to the eBulk system.
If you need more information, please contact either:
Dawn Addis : 0121 569 2065
Parminder Takhar : 0121 569 4767
Or email our umbrella ebulk address.
More information around if you are able to request a DBS check can be found by using the following links: